Time consume : 15 Minutes
Serve for : 4 persons
- Vermicelli – 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 1/2 cups
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Mixed nuts – 1 cup
- Cardamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Instead of Sugar we can add Condensed milk.
- We can buy roasted Vermicelli. Otherwise we can roast it.
- Use thick milk for more taste.
- when grinding cardamon powder at home, grind with sugar.
- If u want you can add saffron.
Step 1 : Take thick based frying pan, Heat ghee , add Mixed nuts. Fry till its turn brown. Drain the fried nuts and keep it aside.
Step 2 : Fry Vermicelli in same pan.
Step 3 : When the Vermicelli turned brown add thick creamy milk.
Step 4 : Boil the Vermicelli till it cooked.
Step 5 : Add sugar or condensed milk.
Step 6 : Add fried nuts, cardamon powder and saffron.
Step 7 : Cook for 2 minutes . Takeout from the flame. Garnish with nuts and saffron.
Wow! Payasam is ready to serve hot.
If you want, you can keep it in refrigerator and serve as chilled Kheer.